- Welcome to Ravenscroft Primary School.
- Thank-you to everyone who took part in the Children in Need day last Friday. We raised an amazing £380!
- Reception children are visiting Epping Forest this week
- TFL are giving a safety talk to our Year 6 children on Tuesday.
- 2A and 2Z are visiting St Pauls Cathedral this week.
We have a thriving Debating Society which is part of the DEBATEMATE programme and is highly successful in local and regional competitions. Debating is an excellent chance for pupils to develop:
- public speaking skills
- the ability to develop arguments and respond to arguments made by others
- team work
- research and literacy skills
- the confidence to meet and compete against children from other schools
The pupils take part in debating competitions and receive coaching from skilled debaters. They also have the opportunity to visit prestigious venues throughout the year – previous visits include the Saatchi Gallery, the RAC Club and the Royal Geographical Society.
Debating not only helps to equip our pupils with vital skills such as verbal intelligence and higher order thinking skills but also helps to raise their expectations and aspirations for the future.